nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Asian Persimmon seedlings

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Asian Persimmon seedlings
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:12:52 -0400

Quite a few years ago, before I knew much about climate zones and
fruit, but had an eye for unusual plants, I saw 2 very large oriental
persimmons growing in Bloomington, IL. Now, that seems a little too
far north, but at that time I was just amazed to see such a strange
looking tree! The fruit was all 2 1/2 to 3 inches across, and held
vertically upright, bright orange. I don't suppose it could have been
anything else? I'm certain it wasn't an american persimmon. I live in
Michigan now, and I'm not sure what zone Bloomington is, but it must
be 5 or 6.

-matt, se mi z5

--
-matt demmon