nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Gooseberries for TN?

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Gooseberries for TN?
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 17:04:19 -0500

Here's my list of possibilities so far:

Amish Red, Hinomaki Red, Poorman, all recommended by Ky State

Glenndale, highly recommended by Richard Moyer who is also in Tennessee, and Poorman and Captivator which also do ok for him.

Jeanne, which seems to be a fairly new selection, considered healthy by Lucille Whitman.  I guess this is the only wild card.

Sounds like Glenndale will do the best for me, but the others might provide some difference in harvest or flavor?  The crummy little Pixwell I have is very early, mid June.  Anyone know if these others are earlier or later?  Thanks.  Donna