nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Weird wild grapevine

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Weird wild grapevine
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 14:47:39 -0700

In your part of the world some unusual natural hybrids have been found. What you describe might just be one. The marks suggest Vitis aestivalis, but it could be crossed with something else. You should save the vine and at least let it bloom to see if it has any potential.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/