nafex - Re: [NAFEX] FW: L.A. has shared photos with you

  • From: "Lori Rizzo" <larizzo@charter.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] FW: L.A. has shared photos with you
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 23:02:14 -0400

I’m pretty sure you are right – thanks!

Lori Rizzo, RN BSN MBA

Health Care Quality Improvement

Pet Training & Behavior Improvement!

Maryville, TN

larizzo@charter.net

From: nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Saundra Scarce
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 10:27 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers

It could be Melothria pendula, a wild cucurbit.

Warmly,

Saundra

Lafayette, LA

On Sep 4, 2009, at 8:26 PM, Lori Rizzo wrote:

I have an unidentified vine growing on my fence, and would like to know if anyone can identify it. At first, I thought it was a rogue Mexican Sour Gherkin, which I planted for the first time this year, but the fruits are different.  I did also plant garden huckleberries close by that never came up, but I don’t think this is the same thing.  I’ve forwarded the link to the pictures – there are pictures of both the unidentified vine, and the gherkins, just for comparison.

Thanks,

Lori