nafex - [NAFEX] Another fig question

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Another fig question
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:08:08 -0700 (PDT)

Based on enthusiasm here, I obtained a Chicago Hardy fig a couple of years ago.  It is container grown in about a 7 gallon pot.  Two years running, it has produced figs, but the figs turn brown when about 1 inch in size and fall off.  This happens in late July I've been thinking about getting it a bigger pot, but doubt that pot size is the problem.  Any of you cold zone fig enthusiasts offer some suggestions?