nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Controlled Atmosphere Storage information

  • From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Controlled Atmosphere Storage information
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 07:13:47 -0500

Probably not the scale you need, but we store our apples in picnic coolers
(ice chests), opening and closing them, and moving in and out of the garage,
as necessary to maintain close to 30 degree F temps. The apples are in
plastic bags inside the chests. I am still eating some apples from last
fall, but they were moved to a refrigerator in April after it warmed up too
much for the ice chests to maintain the low temp I wanted. I don't see why
the chest freezer idea wouldn't work even better.

Jim in Menomonie, WI

<<winmail.dat>>