nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Spray Tank Residue

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Spray Tank Residue
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:07:02 -0500

Sherwin,

In years past, our mix of Captan 50WP, Imidan 70W and Calcium w/sticker spreader never had any issues. Our Calcium was granular and not liquid. It is important to put Captan in the tank first and make sure it is fully mixed BEFORE adding any other product. You also cannot mix Captan with any emulsifiable liquid. Not knowing what spreader/sticker you used....if it has any emulsifiers in it...that was your problem. If the liquid Calcium was an emlsifiable concentrated liquid formulation then it would not allow the Captan to completely mix and the Captan would settle to the bottom of the tank and that was the problem. Hope this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
Office (815) 648-4467
Mobile (815) 228-2174