nafex - [NAFEX] Tank sludge follow-up

  • From: sherwin dubren <sherwindu@comcast.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Tank sludge follow-up
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:56:09 -0500

Thanks for all the replies to my query about sludge forming
in the bottom of my 2 gallon spray tank.

As regards the sticker, it is the same container we have been
using for many years without problems, so I don't suspect it
being a prime source. It may be interacting with some of the
other ingredients.

To clarify what we are using, here is a list for the 2 gallon
tank:

Calcium Liquid 2 tablespoons per gallon
Imidan Wetable Powder 2 1/2 teaspoons per gallon
Captan Wetable Powder 2 tablespoons per gallon
Sticker 1/4 oz. per gallon

I will try the suggestion of paying more attention to
putting the Captan in the tank first. I try and mix
well, and shake my tank frequently during spraying.

I don't know if the Calcium or Sticker has any
emulsifiers in them. I am checking now with the
friend who sold me the Calcium as to the manufacturer
and type, and will check it out. As mentioned,
the Calcium is the newest addition to the mix, so
that is the most suspicious element, at this time.

Sherwin

  • [NAFEX] Tank sludge follow-up, sherwin dubren, 07/30/2009