nafex - Re: [NAFEX] amusing the audience

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] amusing the audience
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:02:59 -0700 (PDT)

Scott, unless you live near a pristine coastline, you had better stash a few tons of salt away. If society does indeed collapse in your lifetime, you will not be able to get this precious and necessary substance, not to mention black pepper, chocolate, coffee and depending on where you live, oranges, bananas and tea, etc. What we really need is some sort of locally accepted local currency that is not backed (or mismanaged) by the Federal government. Coins minted of precious metals have always been accepted worldwide by every culture until recently. So you might want to corner the market in silver too.
Good luck to you. As for me, there are so many people around here toting guns and who have the attitude that they can take what they want, I doubt I would be able to hold on to much if it came down to it.