nafex - [NAFEX] Delaying Fire Blight Death

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Delaying Fire Blight Death
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 07:01:43 -0500

A next door neighbor has a tree with severe fire blight who refuses to do anything about it which is a probable source of infection for many neighborhood trees including some of mine. Eight years ago I begged him to cut it down but he refused. Instead, I bought several cans of spray paint and sprayed a THICK coat within 12" or more of any infection. Today, that tree is still alive. My Yellow Transparent Apple was totally infected and it is sprayed too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for how much longer it will continue bearing fruit.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more: