nafex - Re: [NAFEX] realism when looking at inputs

  • From: abb7@Lehigh.EDU
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] realism when looking at inputs
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:59:41 -0400

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:10:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>

Sorry, fluffy, I can't let this one slide. Mass transit is better for the >environment when done right. Meaning electric trains and buses fueled by >renewable energy.

That would be an excellent system...does it exist anywhere? Certainly the huge majority, if not all, mass transit systems have not been "done right" by your criteria. I hope Fluffy corrects me if I'm wrong, but I think you're illustrating his point...the theoretical ideal model does not really match reality. Certainly he was criticizing existing mass transport systems.

Try permaculture. A method of farming/gardening that is more productive and >uses >few to no outside inputs. a method that is nearly always more wholesome >than >what organic has become under the auspices of the USDA. Its early emphasis >was >on tree crops but now encompasses also grain and aquaculture. (Not to >mention >city design, banking, etc.) The same principles apply to all these, and >yes it >is truly sustainable.

Although there is a lot of overlap, I find the permaculture approach much more sensible than the "organic" approach.

Alex