nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Winterkill in Black Raspberries???

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Winterkill in Black Raspberries???
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 09:02:59 -0500

I got to thinking about this subject, and realised there was something I had left out about my raspberry patch. It is merely a patch. I don't tend it except to chop out some of the worst of the honeysuckle and weeds. The vines naturally tiproot and keep moving. The whole patch has shifted some 10-15 feet in the last 13 years. Are you all talking about nice neat rows where you try to keep the same plants, same roots, year after year? Maybe the secret is to keep replacing the old plants. Donna