nafex - Re: [NAFEX] wheat flour as soil amendment

  • From: athagan@atlantic.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] wheat flour as soil amendment
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:40:06 -0400

I've done it. Worked well for me. Especially if you're going to till it in. Just don't put it down inches thick.

.....Alan.

Quoting Pete Tallman <pete_tallman@hotmail.com>:

I have cleared some very old bread flour, maybe 20 pounds in all, from the freezer so I can start over with fresher material. Since it is organic material, I thought that maybe I could dispose of the flour by using it as a soil amendment for a new raspberry row and the vegetable garden. I would spread it dry onto dry soil on a non-windy day then roto-till it in. Good idea or misguided?

Pete Tallman
Longmont, CO zone 5 or so