nafex - [NAFEX] Chewed cord

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Chewed cord
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 08:48:50 -0500

Don Yellman wrote, "Submersible pumps must be absolutely sealed,......................"

Good thing you didn't say "all." My submersible pump is not only not sealed but the workings of the motor are exposed to the fluid it pumps. I learned that when I took it apart to clean it. I would not have suspected a motor could run when the armature and coils are exposed to the fluid it is pumping. The only thing that is sealed is where the cord enters the unit and there is something resembling axle grease in the cavity where the connection is made so I'm guessing that if any fluid got into the cavity, it would be blocked from doing damage by the grease.
Could Michelle's pump be similar?

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472