nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apricot Breeder Crafts a Sweeter, Earlier Fruit (Capital Press, Salem, Ore.)

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apricot Breeder Crafts a Sweeter, Earlier Fruit (Capital Press, Salem, Ore.)
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 13:40:38 -0400

On May 22, 2009, at 1:02 PM, Spidra Webster wrote:

Apricot is one of my top 5 favorite fruits but it seems that how I like my apricots is out of step with the majority. I'm not into sickly sweetness. I prize the tart mixed with sweet. [ . . . ]Does anyone have suggestions of varieties that are simply sweet but have that really great tart/sweet combo I'm after?

Harlayne.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly