nafex - Re: [NAFEX] electric fence

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] electric fence
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 22:34:01 -0500

One nice thing about an electric fence, whether you or your neighbor has it, is that it's useful for treating brown recluse bites. You ground on one side and shock on the other. Of course, it's more civilized to use a TENS unit on blast or get your local chiropractor to use electrostim on it. But my first brown recluse bite was well on it's way to being extremely serious and the neighbor's fence, properly applied, stopped it. The later bites I never let get so far along. And of course it's a good treatment for snakebite too. We used the same fence when my oldest kid got bitten by a pygmy rattler, but he hadn't gotten much venom. Donna