nafex - Re: [NAFEX] electric fence

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] electric fence
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 11:08:49 -0500

If I were living in an urban/suburban residential setting, and it became necessary to erect an appropriate electrified fence in order to exclude deer, raccoons, etc., from my orchard/garden - provided that zoning or HOA regulations allowed such a fence - I would make it a point to visit with any and all neighbors adjoining my property, informing them that I was putting up an electric fence - and why - and would make certain that if it were a household with small children, that the kids were informed of the potential for shock if they contact the fence.
Unfortunately, too many in our current society have abrogated all sense of personal responsibility, and some think that they're entitled to go wherever they want whenever they want and to take whatever they want, regardless of whether they have permission from the rightful owner.

LLP