nafex - [NAFEX] electric fence

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] electric fence
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 12:09:07 -0500

When I was small I visited my uncle's horse farm and my cousins
suggested that I touch the electric fence. I learned about electric
fences then but I didn't run to my mother and whine. We all laughed-
they got me. Now in the suburbs the kid who touches an electric fence
would be disturbed for life and he would have to undergo counseling.
His mother would call the police and the police would arrest the
fence owner and he would be sued for disturbing the little darling.
Maybe the swat team would come. A few years ago a bought a large
electric catfish from an aquarium store. I had it at home I started
thinking I can't have an electric catfish and not get shocked by it.
Put my hand in the water and touched the catfish. Nothing. Grabbed
the catfish and got an powerful shock that really surprised me. I was
expecting a little tingle. Instantly remembered my first electric
fence shock.