nafex - [NAFEX] Herefordshire Heritage Apple Varieties

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@speakeasy.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: CalRareFruit@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Herefordshire Heritage Apple Varieties
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 18:12:42 -0700

Last fall I took my first trip to the UK. I mostly stayed away from tourist destinations. I visited Brogdale but my recording ended up being corrupted. A UK podcast I greatly admire (Wiggly Wigglers Podcast) about the same time sent a correspondent to meet with a member of the Marcher Apple Network to walk through a Hereford orchard. He talks about the varieties in that orchard, some of which are very very rare ('Tillington Court', for instance). Listening to it again today, I thought other fruit enthusiasts would enjoy it.

You can download the Wiggly Wigglers Podcast online via iTunes. The episode in question is #155. Or you can just listen online at their archive.

Megan Lynch

Berkeley, CA

CRFG, NAFEX: I'm in USDA Zone 9b

Garden with me on Folia: http://myfolia.com/gardener/spidra/invite

Golden Gate Chapter Blog: http://crfggoldengate.blogspot.com/

Chapter Events on Upcoming.org:  http://upcoming.yahoo.com/group/3429/

  • [NAFEX] Herefordshire Heritage Apple Varieties, Spidra Webster, 05/12/2009