nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Vinca minor [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • From: "ADAMSON, Karl" <Karl.Adamson@apvma.gov.au>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Vinca minor [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 09:35:51 +1000

Sorry Bob, Oz = Australia
Yes V major is an even bigger pest here than minor, but they are much of
the same in terms of weed potential.

Bob Wrote:
My concern was that it appears to be potentially invasive. I stuck out
a 3 or 4 inch sprig from a Tennessee mountainside a few years back. It
appears to be spreading steadly to several square yards over several
years. It is compact and neat looking--much better than Vinca Major.
Took me several years to get rid of a patch of variagated Vunca Major.
I am in zone 8a - 7b. Where is OZ, anyway?

Bob Kelly

IMPORTANT: This email may contain confidential or privileged information.
If
you are not the addressee you may not copy, use or rely on the contents of
this
email or any attachment. If you have received this transmission in error
please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
transmission.