nafex - Re: [NAFEX] vinca minor [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • From: "ADAMSON, Karl" <Karl.Adamson@apvma.gov.au>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] vinca minor [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 08:59:17 +1000

I agree with this assessment but with another couple of caveats,
In Oz, Vinca is a pest. Thankfully it does not set seed here so it can
be fairly easily contained to infested areas. But it is extremely hard
to eradicate, it laughs at glyphosate. The variegated variety is a lot
less aggressive than fully green one. But user beware!

Murph wrote:
Excellent choice.
Thrives on neglect, no bugs, purple flowers, mostly evergreen.

AND... inexpensive !

Look to mail order for this stuff. Bare root.
I have to laugh at the 6-packs of Periwinkle for $8.00 at the store.

Miller's sells it, and good old (horrible)
www.directgardening.com<http://www.directgardening.com/> (Plantron)
does, too.

I've seen 500 plants for $120.00 in that neighborhood.

Murph

It's not something I'd like to walk on regularly, though.
You might trip.

IMPORTANT: This email may contain confidential or privileged information.
If
you are not the addressee you may not copy, use or rely on the contents of
this
email or any attachment. If you have received this transmission in error
please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
transmission.