nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Synthetic tree mulch rings

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@speakeasy.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Synthetic tree mulch rings
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 20:04:40 -0700

No personal experience with it but here are links:

My personal approach is to err on the side of caution. As tempting as recycled rubber tire mulch is to me (because of price), I sheet mulch with corrugated cardboard and wood chips instead.

Once upon a time I saw felted wool mats with a hole in the center for the plant. It seemed like that would make a good weed barrier.