nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Critical Spring Temperatures for Tree Fruit

  • From: nottke1 <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • To: dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Critical Spring Temperatures for Tree Fruit
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 20:28:07 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Dennis,
Thanks for the charts! Where we are west of Winston-Salem, on Tuesday
morning this week it got down to 30 degrees at 5:30am and down to 28 degrees
at 7:30 am, as measured 4 ft off the ground on the north side of a dogwood
tree. So far I have not seen any damage on plum (past shuck), peach
(starting to shuck), apple (full bloom), or pear (past bloom). The apricots
got caught by the hard freeze two weeks ago.
Jim Nottke