nafex - Re: [NAFEX] permanent tree labels

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] permanent tree labels
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:07:04 -0500

Since 1990 I've been using metal venetian blinds that I find in the
garbage.. They are already an ideal width so I just punch holes in
them & use an awl to write the data. My labels from 20 years ago are
still holding up, tho a bit oxidized still quite readable.

I did an experiment with cutting up pop cans but it was a lot of work
& the rabbits would constantly chew on them...

~mIEKAL