nafex - Re: [NAFEX] permanent tree labels

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] permanent tree labels
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 07:47:49 -0700

Having used aluminum, I find that after a few years they develop oxide that makes reading them a little harder. Stainless steel flashing avoids that. Though the ultimate tags have to be some featured in POMONA some years ago - ceramic tags. A complete method, with pictures, was given. They were cut from long rectangular blocks with a piece of wire (think of a cheese cutter), Scribe or stamp names on them. When fired the glaze filled the letters to make them more visitble. Archeologists will be digging up the tags after the orchard is dust.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/