nafex - [NAFEX] Pome vs. Stone fruit grafting

  • From: Rosholdt <rosholdt@erols.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pome vs. Stone fruit grafting
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 21:29:21 -0400

Sarah,

It has to do with the type of grafts I like to do and the way i do them.

I have found whip and tongue don't work for me well later in the season as field grafts. Note the term "field". They don't "take" as well when it is warmer. Also different types of fruit work better with certain grafts, like bud grafting on stone fruits. Or bark grafting during the late spring (before it gets real hot (mid-upper 90 degree days - um - you probably don't have that problem).

I am sure there are some orchardists with a lot more experience grafting than I who will say "nonsense", but it is the after care that hurts me. I can't do much.

Barbara R
z7 Virginia

Re: [NAFEX] Pome vs. Stone fruit grafting