nafex - [NAFEX] nafex@lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: abb7@Lehigh.EDU
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 20:51:50 -0400

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 09:55:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grapple
To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>

It sounds really horrible! I wonder who's brainchild that was. I remember tasting >one of the first GM tomatoes that was touted as the future because it had this >really long shelf life. It tasted like gasoline! I still don't understand what is >so wrong with our natural produce that "they" keep wanting to mess with it.

Does grafting and countless generations of selective breeding not count as "messing with it"? Most of the fruit trees we grow are not really "natural"... Transgenic technology is just another tool to introduce new characteristics to the plants.

Alex