nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grapple

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grapple
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 15:01:25 -0500

Ate several slices of grapple in grocery store yesterday. I thought they
were yucky.

I agree. I tried them, and I can't imagine who would buy that stuff a second time. Well, maybe the same kind of people who buy bubblegum ice cream?

I bought a small package of grapples a couple of years ago, under the mistaken impression that they were just a different type of apple. Ugh! Well, that will teach me to read the package more closely next time.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
But it's not like fifty years of living hasn't taught me how to cope, and I'm doing what I've always done when faced with a frightening and depressing new challenge. I get frightened. And depressed. - Tom Bodett