nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grapple

  • From: "Mariah Kendrick" <mariah_k@comcast.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grapple
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 10:54:35 -0400

I don't know anyone is familiar with the book "the fruit hunter" but they have a section on grapples in it. apparently they are made using a grape scented 'pesticide' (which is non-toxic, supposedly) that is typically used to deter birds because they don't like the smell. the apples are dipped in the solution, allowed to absorb some, and then it dries on. it needs to be kept refrigerated to stay 'grapey' tasting. it all sounds pretty disgusting to me...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anton Callaway" <marillen@earthlink.net>