nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Evans Cherry

  • From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Evans Cherry
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 14:56:05 -0500

Last year, 2 of our local home centers or garden centers had Evans cherry, apparently grown by a large wholesaler, Bailey’s,  in Minnesota.  It is listed as “Evans Bali” currently on their website, so I image it will be available locally at garden centers again.  Most years, FEDCO has them and so does St Lawrence in New York.  Edible Forest Nursery has them listed, too, according to their website (http://www.edibleforestnursery.com ).  A quick search with Google for “evans cherry nursery” brought up a number of nurseries with it or that are sold out.  I have seen them in numerous other catalogs, too, but don’t have my stack of catalogs handy.   Looks to me like it should be readily available, unless it is getting late enough in the season that nurseries are sold out for the season.

Jim, in Menomonie, WI