nafex - [NAFEX] grafting to the moon

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] grafting to the moon
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 17:26:52 -0400

In 1969 I was 17 years old, and hung out with people significantly older (you know- they were like 19 and 20) who shared their mind altering substances with me and the wisdom of planting to phases of the moon.  I found the former far more affective than the latter and rapidly went on to surpass most all of them as a grower of all manner of things.  I grew to believe that weather, soil and sun were what you really needed to understand.  For instance, If you are starting seeds without artificial light and heat it's really useful to have a few days of good sun to help them germinate and this will trump any subtle influence of the gravitational pull of the moon.