nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Alan, ya'll crack me up

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Alan, ya'll crack me up
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 04:15:19 -0400

Fluffy One, it may be that an ephemeral thing can be worthwhile. Eternal life and cosmic significance are perhaps not necessary. Maybe preserving something irreplaceable, like the community of life on earth, for a few more instants is worthwhile. Apparently some of us think so anyway.
Why not indulge us in our fantasies, it won't cost you much.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

fuwa fuwa usagi wrote:

[snip]

My reply:

1) LOL! Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard my sides hurt. Must be more than
Tiger Balm you are using to soothe those aching muscles from all that pruning
you do :)
2) I am comfortable that we will not join the miracle category, because if my neighbors pose as an example of intelligent life I do so want to check man out of existence. 3) As I mentioned, few(actually I do not know of one that disagrees, but in every camp their are dissidents) cosmologist suggest anything other than a total extermination of life throughout the Cosmos. The most sunny scenario I have heard is somehow matter slips into another plane of existence which sows the seed for NEW life to begin again, but even this sunny day scenario assumes the eradication of every single bit of the universe in terms of life.
So your jolly old civilizations would be toast also.

Once again the futility of life. The struggles, the battles, the personal triumphs in tragedy all rendered totally insignificant by cataclysmic events that will destroy the entirety of what ever existed. If you want to have a interesting experience try to climb your own family tree and see how little you know of those you are related to even 150 years ago. Lives of futility. The life was one of personal triumphs and tragedy and is largely already forgotten.
All the best Alan, someday perhaps we shall break bread,

the fluffy one