nafex - Re: [NAFEX] deer-resistant plants

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] deer-resistant plants
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:27:12 -0800

My son is a wildlife expert and he says that deer, in this area at least, don't like to bend down or reach up too much when they browse if they can avoid it. They prefer to browse where they can keep on the lookout for danger. Of course urbanized deer may be less wary and more apt to reach up high or bend low.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/