nafex - Re: [NAFEX] deer-resistant plants

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] deer-resistant plants
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 21:15:07 +0000

What I've been calling a clove-currant for years, doesn't have thorns but the
deer don't browse it. Deer don't seem to slow down the very thorny
gooseberries which grow wild in the woods. Jostaberry got destroyed by deer.

Blackberries I don't recall ever seeing damage on, and raspberries do
occasionally get nibbled on, but I think it has more to do with the deer
keeping a trail open (either by intent or by default from browsing, I don't
know.)

tc, sWI, very hungry deer