nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Weed prevention idea now newspaper toxicity

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Weed prevention idea now newspaper toxicity
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:40:40 -0600

For all of our vegetable plantings, we have gone to Plasticulture.  We maintain a 6 row garden with rows being about 50 feet in length.  We cannot afford to pull our personnel from the orchard to "weed" our garden and found the plasticulture works great.  If anyone is interested in plasticulture, Penn State has a terrific web site devoted to only plasticulture at http://plasticulture.cas.psu.edu/.  For photos of its use in vegetables go to http://plasticulture.cas.psu.edu/IMAGES/field/index.htm.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
Office (815) 648-4467
Mobile (815) 228-2174