nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Weed prevention idea

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Weed prevention idea
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:01:10 -0500

On Feb 17, 2009, at 12:10 PM, Harrick, Barbara wrote:

On a small, home gardening scale, newspaper works great too. I lay out
several inches of newspaper, cover with mulch. Depending on where it is
in the yard, I sometimes will cover the newspaper with the black fabric
and then mulch. I don't enjoy weeding much.

Barbara

Based on a suggestion from this mailing list, I use 4 layers of newspaper under mulch. Works great, but has to be replaced every few years.

Ginda