nafex - Re: [NAFEX] systemic pesticides, Assail vs Imidan

  • From: akmanty <akmanty@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] systemic pesticides, Assail vs Imidan
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:57:31 -0600

Dennis,  I'm all for less toxic, but it seems the critters are still strong!
Where do you purchase the products you mention below and can they be bought in small quantities?
Karen

I have used Assail for about 5 years as one of the 3 products i use in rotation.  I do not use any organophosphates such as Imidan any longer.  I phased out Imidan over a 3 year period and am now using Assail, Rimon, Avaunt and Calypso.  Assail has very little effect on PC, but Calypso seems to work quite well and much less toxic than Imidan.  If Assail REI and PHI are followed, you are at less risk using Assail than you are breathing the air in your own home or barn where hay is stored where molds are more toxic.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
Office (815) 648-4467
Mobile (815) 228-2174