nafex - Re: [NAFEX] systemic pesticides, Assail vs Imidan

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] systemic pesticides, Assail vs Imidan
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:22:21 -0600

Where do you purchase the products you mention below and can they be bought in small quantities?

This is always my problem, too. Some of us have orchards. Others, like me, just a variety of fruit trees in the backyard. When I started, I did a great deal of research online about pesticides. But then I discovered that I couldn't find the vast majority of them.

I might add that having a variety of fruit trees and bushes in one location - no two the same variety, in fact - means that it's even harder, because I can't find anything that's rated for everything (never mind that they're usually in different stages of bloom, etc.). This is a big problem for backyard growers, but not as much for people with orchards, I imagine.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
Bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will, to be rightful, must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal laws must protect, and to violate would be oppression. - President Thomas Jefferson