nafex - Re: [NAFEX] bush cherry seedlings

  • From: <kbrubaker@nc.rr.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] bush cherry seedlings
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 8:33:27 -0500

"I have 5 bushes raised from seeds of one of the 3, their fruit is quite
similar to the original, about the size of nanking cherries, we cook it down
and strain it for a sauce, astonishingly flavorful! Took about 4 years for
the new bushes to fruit.
What do you use the BT for?
Del, 2b/3a n. Mn "

Sounds promising. I will try and grow them out to see how they do. Thank
you Dell and Lon!

The BT dust is for the cherry fruitworm.
http://ipm.ncsu.edu/small_fruit/cherworm.html
They left my bushes alone the first year, but found them with a vengeance the
second. lost the whole crop. an application of BT in March and another a
few weeks later in April controls them >90+%.

they haven't bothered the blueberries yet. I hope they don't get wise.

Kurt
Durham
NC