nafex - [NAFEX] Cherry fruit fly bait /spinosad

  • From: Webmail wynne <wynne@crcwnet.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Cherry fruit fly bait /spinosad
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:32:58 -0800

There is a combination bait/spinosad being
tested, but I don't think it's available yet.

The bait stephen refers to is GF 120 and it is very effective for cherry
fruit fly control. Apparently the behavior of the fly is such that they lick
the leaves of the trees in some manner, so by applying a pin spray of
this material mixed with water around the tree every seven days
(i use a spray bottle from the hardware store set on a squirt gun
opening).You can control the fly because
they will lick this material off the leaves and die.
As far as using Surround, i am completely sold on the product. I have used
it very effectively for pear psylla, and used early on will keep everyone away
from your trees and is a very "soft"material, clean and nice to use (carefully
with a respirator) they even have a cold water formula
wynne @jerzyboyz farm in n.c. washington