nafex - Re: [NAFEX] spraying curculiio, price of Surround

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] spraying curculiio, price of Surround
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:35:26 -0600

You can find Surround WP from Peaceful Valley for $29.99/25 lb bag at http://www.groworganic.com/item_PMB380_Surround_25_Lb.html#.  The label is available in pdf format at  http://www.groworganic.com/pdf/label/pmb380-b.pdfThe application rate is typically 25-50 lbs/ 100 gallons water/acre. It may be up to 100 lbs/100 gallons/acre, depending on crop and problem.  It must be agitated as it is applied.  See product label for specific information.  Read the label carefully and you will find all of the instructions and rates you could possibly need right there on the label.

For those looking to grow organically, you can find an Organic Pest Solutions Chart at  http://www.groworganic.com/pdf/pestsolutionschart.pdf.  All of the products listed are available from Peaceful Valley in quantities that will fit most home orchardists needs.  We have worked with Peaceful valley for several years in our cover crop program and have had great service from them and excellent results from their products.  Hope this helps!
Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
Office (815) 648-4467
Mobile (815) 228-2174