nafex - Re: [NAFEX] spraying curculiio

  • From: D Stubbs <dsmndel@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] spraying curculiio
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:05:26 -0600

 To: North American Fruit Explorers

 Well, it's been about 3 years since I priced it (surround), but the price I saw at the time was $50 per pound, not including delivery, which I thought was ridiculous....and I doubt a pound would be adequate for an acre.

 We average about 4 inches of rain per month during the growing season here.  I don't know how many applications of surround would be required to make it through a season.  The folks who make it claim that a single application is good for a season, but I'm skeptical.

 Eddie Earles

I have used it for two years to try to get a hand on curculio on my japanese plums, similar rainfall to you, had to use it every week for a month. and then borderline control.

Del,  2b/3a  n. Mn