nafex - [NAFEX] Grape selection, southeast

  • From: Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Grape selection, southeast
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:53:14 -0500

I am finally getting my arbor built. I am planning on trying 2 varieties
of grapes that I have selected for: low care in my hot, humid climate
and for fresh eating, cooked fruit items, and maybe preserves if I get
ambitious. I plan on only using Surround for insect control (Japanese
beetles are a perennial problem for me). I am currently favoring Cowart,
a disease-resistant muscadine, and am considering the seedless Concord.
I grew up loving the seeded Concord in the northeast, I am wondering how
the seedless will do.

Any thoughts?

Betsy Hilborn
7a, NC