nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bluebyrd Plum

  • From: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bluebyrd Plum
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 14:28:19 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Richard,

Funny you should mention your book. My wife was going to get it for me as a
PDF Christmas present, but she was having some trouble with the computer, so
I got to see my present early. What a wonderful book you've put together!
This is exactly the style that I prefer- a detailed format similar to the
classic Fruits of New York series, but with modern information and some
attention to the Southeast. The color photos with scale and color cards are
terrific.

I considered writing Ralph for some scions & I still might. We worked
together briefly on a grant once upon a time. I was just being lazy and
thinking someone might sell trees.

Best regards,

Anton