nafex - Re: [NAFEX] paw paw seedlings

  • From: abb7@Lehigh.EDU
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] paw paw seedlings
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:35:21 -0500

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 07:52:10 -0500
From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
Subject: [NAFEX] paw paw seedlings
To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org

I've had some difficulty getting paw paw grafts to take outside of the
greenhouse (extra humidity). I have ample root suckers from a couple
seedlings with poor fruit which I have found easy to transplant in spite of
literature to the contrary but the original seedlings had poor fruit.

Alan,

Could you briefly describe how you transplant the suckers? The success stories I've heard involve severing them from the main tree, but leaving them in the ground for another season before digging them up.

Alex