nafex - Re: [NAFEX] paw paw seedlings

  • From: "David Consolvo" <fruitopia@firstva.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] paw paw seedlings
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:57:39 -0500

I once walked with fellow fruit-nut friend Stuart Wilson through a pawpaw
experimental seedling orchard at the Wye Station on the eastern shore of
Maryland. We sampled fallen fruit. We couldn't tell ANY difference in
taste/quality
of the flesh from tree to tree. I admit though, that our taste buds were
saturated
quickly, and we didn't use anything to "clear our palates" between trees.
~David Consolvo
Hungrytown, Virginia