nafex - [NAFEX] Fwd: self fruitfulness

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fwd: self fruitfulness
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:07:19 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <jas39a@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: self fruitfulness
To: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>

I don't know...it looked just fine when I sent it out.  I just said, that, in my experience, all varieties of European Pear are self-fruitful when they bloom in those temperatures, and related how, in years of mapping soils on the Coastal Plain of South Carolina, I often found abandoned farmsteads with a single pear tree, and that the pear trees always had fruit on them during the growing season, even when there wasn't another pear tree for miles around.  I've noticed that here in Maryland, too.

Eddie Earles