nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: self fruitfulness

  • From: Michael Dossett <phainopepla@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: self fruitfulness
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:45:08 -0800 (PST)

I think this can happen in apples too. There have been a few times due to
weird weather or whatever else, that one of the apple trees at my parents
house in Seattle will decide to push out flowers in July or early August.
These invariably set fruit even though the likelihood of another apple
blooming nearby is exceedingly low. I've never paid much attention to
whether the resulting fruit had seeds or not since they never get the chance
to ripen after their late start.

Has anyone else seen this?

Michael

Michael Dossett