nafex - [NAFEX] late season fruit for the SE

  • From: <kbrubaker@nc.rr.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] late season fruit for the SE
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:45:32 -0400

Does anyone have any recommendations for late season fruits for the SE
(specifically zone 7-8)? The italian honey figs are still going strong, but
the rest of our fruit/berries have pretty much finished by now - even the
jujubes are nearing their end. I'd like to have something that ripened
through Oct, if possible.

I have an autumnberry that was planted this year, and judging by the wild
ones I saw fruiting in Asheboro, NC this past weekend, it looks like they
will ripen from Sept15-Oct1st.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kurt
Durham, NC