nafex - Re: [NAFEX] late season fruit for the SE

  • From: jas39a@earthlink.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] late season fruit for the SE
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 05:34:15 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I'm in zone 7 in Maryland, and my Arkansas Black apples don't even get ripe
until mid-November. They will hang on the tree until we get a killing frost,
which is usually about December 10th. Granny Smith also ripens in about
mid-October, and will hang on the tree into November, although it's harder to
grow here, as it is subject to many fungal diseases.

Eddie Earles